In about 4 weeks, my freshman year will be over, and I am just excited for it to finish. These past last weeks, when I was sitting in one of the swing-swangs outside my dorm, I asked myself one simple thing; if there was something I could have known before becoming the ‘freshie’ what would it be?And in that moment I realized not even knowing ‘something’ for my ‘college experience’ would help me avoid a lot of the things I could have avoided. But, that is what college and adulthood brings to your life; situations in which you need to think with cold head and be mindful of the possible consequences it can bring.
However, some things I can tell you to take care or to pay attention are the following;
- If you feel tired, take a nap, go for a walk, drink a fruity juice to maintain your energy boost, and take some minutes for you.
- If you are going out, be mindful to be careful with how many drinks (if you will drink) you can take.
- Study, pay attention, do your assignments, and then chill.
But please, be mindful this are three advice concerning your college life. Now, let me tell you some personal advice you should probably follow:
- Please, do not hesitate to date, be on a relationship, kiss or bang someone. If you are a girl, be mindful guys talk (a lot, and sometimes bullshit) and whatever you do with them; they will talk about it. If you are a guy, please do not use girls to just bang; if you want to just have ‘that’, please let the girl what exactly you want.
- Please know something; what you do at a party, especially in small campuses, everyone will know.
- DO NOT GIVE PRIORITY TO PEOPLE WHO ONLY WANTS TO SEE YOU ONLY AT PARTIES; THESE PEOPLE WILL NOT REALLY BE THERE FOR YOU WHEN YOU WILL NEED THEM THE MOST. Just DO NOT DO IT!!
- This last one goes if you ever end up in a ‘rusty’ situation with a person. TRY to solve it, people can leave life without knowing it will be their last time with you; so try to be in good terms with everyone.
Well, this is all I can tell you to take notice when you will be a college student. But, never forget to stay true to your beliefs because I can give you all the advice you want to do good in college, but it all depends in you and your beliefs. The way you develop your beliefs will be the way you will face situations not only in college but in real life.